Wednesday, February 26, 2014

In Which Eye Get Disturbing News

Went back to Dr. M. for my quarterly eye check yesterday. I was a little anxious, but not terribly so. I'd been feeling pretty good. I had been having some funky symptoms several weeks back, but they had abated. The news so far had all been good, so I was less worried about my checkup than I'd ever been before.

So I was really not expecting anything other than favorable news. Or at least neutral.

You can see where this is going, right?

The good news is my eye pressure is normal after a spike in the fall. The bad news is that the tumor looks a weensy bit bigger than it was last time, when it had continued to shrink so beautifully. The increase is small enough that the doctor thinks it could even be a measurement error. He says the visual characteristics of the tumor suggest that it is not active. I asked if any of this affected my prognosis and he said no.

Nonetheless: bigger.

The next step is a recheck in six weeks, an injection directly into my eyeball, and possible laser therapy. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I told you ... cold water makes everything shrink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you ... cold water makes everything shrink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good Becki. Keep the faith and keep up the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((hugs)) I'm sorry Becki.
    Thinking of you and hoping it is a measurement error and that from this point forward everything looks good.

    ReplyDelete